26 Aug 2008

Writer's block

I'm just too lazy to write these days though a lot of things are going around in my mind. What I need is a proper table and a pc, not this silly little notebook. Somewhere at the back of my mind I know that the people in Permatang Pauh are deciding on the fate of the nation. I do care but since a lot of people say its a forgone conclusion that Anwar will win the by election, I guess there's no point worrying about it.
I also want to write about friendship. And about love. About marriage. About the love of solitude. The problem is I don't know where to start.
About friendship... what is it really? A feeling between two people? Something that lasts a lifetime. I can describe what I want in a friend more easily than describe what it is. I know now that friends stick to each other through the good times and th bad. I do have such friends - Gita who still answers my calls even though I can't help in her promotion anymore, who will come to my aid no matter how busy she is. On the other hand I have numerous so called friends who will only think of me if I am of use to them. Now that I'm retired, these so -called friends no longer call me, or answer my calls, no longer want to meet me or be my friend. Oh don't get me wrong. I'm not bitter or vn disillusioned. I was warned but believd that I knew better.
Then there are those who would pretend to be a friend but stab you at the back. I've had dealings with those type too. They are worse than vipers in your bosom - avoid them at all costs.
Sometimes you can't help yourself. These types are normally also sweet faced, ever so obliging before they get what they want from you. So you can be easily fooled by their 'apparent fondness' for you. Don't blame yourself for being so gullible. People more canny have been fooled before. Of course there are true friends.These will stand by your side even when others are against you. They will help you even from your own self.

No comments: