10 Jul 2012

Books galore

Hurray! I finally finished three of my books at last! With Nora Roberts' O 'Hurley's Return I would have finished the ones I ordered from Fishpond.com but I still have at least 5 more waiting. Right now I just started reading The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown .Three sisters - Cordelia, Bianca and Rosalind have come home after years of being away. They each tell themselves that they have returned because of their parents, of which their mother is now down with cancer. But the real reason is that they have come back because they have all failed in life - their careers have floundered and they feel the need to come back and re evaluate themselves and what they wanted from life. I'm not sure I will like this book but the blurp was interesting and it is about relationships.

 Of course nobody writes about relationships as well as Nora Roberts - I did enjoy her books on the Quinn brothers and the Concannon sisters from Ireland (the Born in ... series) I have also just finished reading her latest book on the Inn Boonsboro trilogy - The Last Boyfriend. A warm and pleasurable book for a cool wet day - very pleasant reading. I have always loved the male protagonists in Nora Roberts tales - they are usually good looking though not too handsome, very kind and gentle though present a rugged exterior and are very family oriented men. Hard to find such species in these days of materialism and self centredness. I cant say this of the men only - women too are like that.

These days I seem to have too many books and too little time - there is hardly any time left for blogging. I thought staying in Malacca I'd have plenty of time to read but it seems not. Anyway right now I'm reading - Swift, by RJ Anderson and another book by her is waiting for me - Knife. Both these books are a departure for me - Swift is about a fairy who does not realise she is one and only found out about it accidentally. Living all her life underground with people she thought of as her kin, she only found out about her powers and her ability to change into a bird when she had to escape the very people who had brought her up - the gnomes. She manages to escape but badly injures herself doing it and gets the help of a human girl. 

2 comments:

The Bookworm said...

I used to read Nora Roberts years ago. I agree, she writes great heroes. It sounds like you've got lots of good reads going, Swift sounds interesting. Enjoy your books!

Kat said...

THanks Naida!