12 Feb 2009

This and that

Books I got recently - (1) Nora Roberts - Divine Evil
(2) Nora Roberts - Seaswept
(3) Alexander McCall Smith - The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency
(4) Alexander Mc Call Smith - The Kalahari Typing School for Men
(5) Alexander McCall Smith - Morality for Young Girls
(6) Wendy Markham - Bride Needs Groom
(7) Sophie Kinsella - Confessions of a Shopaholic

Shasha recommended me the Sophie Kinsella - I didn't want to get it but she said its quite good reading - humorounyway I started reading the Alexander McCall Smith book - very interesting and introduces us into Zimbabwean culture and life. The main character is a lady detective, Precious Ramotswe, a practical, funny and intriguing female detective who uses her intuition and keen observation to solve all kinds of crime - whether it is a husbnad who has run away or a clerk who has swindled his company. Subtle British humour - more on the Jeevees variety.

Oh yes, we caught a few movies - Inkheart, Twilight and the two girls got to see Bride Wars, Underworld 3 as well as the first two. I quite enjoyed Inkheart. Twilight ... well I cant even say that the book is better because it wasn't. I think the character for Bella was better in the movie. I didnt like the character in the book but I preferred Edward in the book. A bit of a let down.

Sarah has come and gone. Three weeks is too short but her winter break is just that - 3 weeks. At least we went to Mersing for two days - otherwise it would have been just Melati for her and maybe a weekend in Batu Berendam. But anyway I got to see my girl for a while and she got away from the cold Russian winter. Can't wait to see her in July.

No comments: