29 Jul 2011

Back to normal

Well Sarah has been back for almost 2 weeks now and things have settled down somewhat . Bear bear her large British short hair is also back at home still trying to get used to a house full of other felines! He is so used to being alone with Sara that he is still a little confused - what with the different climate and all. But he seems to be settling down a bit, and is getting used to seeing other people around , besides his owner.But he is cute though quite big sized - he looks like a small dog! We will need to take him to the vet one of these days,just to register him, but I felt it important to let him absorb his surroundings first and get used to the different environment.

A lot of things have happened since I last wrote - some sad and some good. First of all last week on Thursday Emma's mum passed away. Emma is my new daughter in law who got married to Wan in April this year. We had wanted to wait until July but now I'm glad that we didn't because at least she got to see her youngest daughter married. I still remember her serene look of happiness as she looked at the newly married couple. She and her husband - Mr.Ebrahim even posed on the dais after the wedding - a picture of married bliss. May her soul rest in peace.

On Saturday 23 July we celebrated Sara's return with a small family gathering - all my brothers and sisters as well as Repin's came over for the function and we had a few people from the surau to perform some prayers too. This was a good time for me to show off my new extension - don't really know what to call it - it's too small to call a sitting room and yet it is part of the living room. It kind of brightens up the living room and gives it an added character!


naida said...

Glad to hear things are back to normal with Bear bear.
My condolences on Emmas mom.

The Chair Speaks said...

So sorry to hear that Emma's mom passed away.
It's great that Bear Bear is settling in nicely. Hugs.

naida said...

Hi Kat, I've missed you in blog land!